Senior Structural Design Engineer
Chief Buildings is currently seeking a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join our team. This position performs structural analysis and design for materials provided by Chief Buildings in accordance with the appropriate design criteria (building code and loads), steel specifications, customer’s agreement to purchase, and Chief’s design practices. Design provided is structurally sound, least weight/cost, and on schedule. The complexity of orders will consist of mainly moderate to high levels with special assignments based on the Senior Structural Design Engineer’s abilities.
- Perform structural design of primary and secondary structural framing and connections on building orders.
- Remain current in knowledge and proficient in use of AISC and AISI material specifications, current and recent editions of ASCE 7, IBC, the MBMA Building Systems Manual and MBS software. Proficient in various city, county, state and international building codes.
- Maintain computer literacy in design software and other computer tools available with recognition as a super user in one or more tools.
- Maintain efficient, timely, legible, and easy to comprehend documentation of engineering designs and builder/customer interface information.
- Work with drafting on shop fabrication and field erection details of engineering designs.
- Maintain good established communication with all engineering and drafting department personnel during correlation of design/detail aspects as a building order proceeds through the engineering and drafting department.
- Review drawings prepared by drafting to confirm that engineer’s design intent was properly understood and incorporated into drawings.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Construction Engineering, and/or Master’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other related degree.
- Degree from ABET accreditation and sufficient for future professional licensure
- Professional Engineer Licensure – Licensed in multiple states. Licensure as a Structural Engineer preferred.
- Eight to twelve years metal building design experience
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**