Chief Buildings is currently seeking a Drafter III. The Drafter III prepares documents and drawings for plant fabrication and builder erection of materials, based on the order documents, design package, and drafting procedures. They ensure drafting that is provided is accurate, complete, and includes all appropriate drawings and documentation. The complexity of orders will consist mainly of moderate to high levels, with special assignments based on the drafter’s abilities. The Drafter III mentors other drafters and employees in explaining application and compliance of Chief’s practices. This person is responsible for assisting other drafters by answering questions, giving direction, and providing feedback upon reviewing their documents to ensure compliance with Chief’s procedures.
- Maintain computer literacy in AutoCAD, MBS, IFS and other tools/systems available.
- Maintain complete familiarity with Chief’s products and procedures.
- Prepare erection drawings with accurate part identification, quantities, and complete sections and details for proper installation of materials.
- Prepare legible and easy to comprehend fabrication documents.
- Keep accurate records of project hours, time worked, and group leader informed of schedule status and potential delays.
- Keep good established communication with all project management, engineering, and drafting department personnel during correlation of drafting aspects as a building order proceeds through the drafting department.
- Provide feedback upon reviewing/checking drafting documentation prepared by Drafting Apprentice or Drafter I for improving knowledge, performance, and quality.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on one or more drafting processes and product applications.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Post high school course work in trigonometry
- Advanced math with knowledge of basic drafting functions and equipment
- One to two years metal building experience
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Nebraska, Indiana, and South Carolina.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**