Heartland Electric is seeking an Electrical Estimator to join the Chief team. This position performs a wide variety of duties to estimate, completing take-offs, calculating labor, and calculating profit.
- Follow up on all leads through data construction and other means etc.
- Responsible for responding to Requests for Quotation (RFQs) in the industrial, commercial and institutional market by developing accurate, complete, and competitive estimates. These may be new construction projects or retrofits to existing complexes.
- Review estimates in detail with the Manager.
- Oversee and manage projects you have estimated.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires working knowledge of simple equipment and hand tools and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, estimating software, etc.)
- Must be comfortable sending, receiving, and attaching large files using email or file transfer programs
- 2+ years of electrical field experience
- Architectural & Design Build experience preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Will be responsible to be able to communicate with other employees and customers, which in turn will reflect positively on Heartland Electric and Chief Industries
- Willingness to expand education when required
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Heartland Electric is an entity under Chief Construction within the Chief Industries, Inc. family. Heartland Electric has served all of Greater Nebraska including Grand Island, Hastings and Kearney communities since 1988. As a full-service electrical company, Heartland Electric offers expert service for all of your residential, commercial, new construction and industrial electrical needs. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best 24/7 service and support in the industry.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**