Structural Steel Detailing Supervisor
Chief Buildings is currently seeking a Structural Steel Detailing Supervisor to join the Chief team. This position will provide supervisory direction and oversight for the production and personnel of the Arrowhead Structural Steel Department of Chief Buildings.
- Facilitate the engagement, growth and development of staff through hiring outstanding people, proper training, cross-training, educational opportunities, timely feedback and performance reviews.
- Ensure adherence to all Arrowhead standards, AISC standards, and the philosophy developed by Chief Buildings.
- Assign duties to detailers based on department schedules and customer timelines
- Use SDS/2 software and current AISC/NISD standards, and generate Detail and Erection prints for customer projects.
- Coordinate/advise Department Manager and Project Managers on upcoming projects and potential issues.
- Clearly communicate with plant and field personnel.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Proven structural steel detailing experience required, including firsthand knowledge of industry standards, and experience with structural steel fabrication standards, methods, and procedures. Must have extensive SDS/2 software knowledge and minimum five years experience working with complex design
- Knowledge of Chief Buildings/Arrowhead Structural Steel Fabricators product, standards, and procedures
- Supervisory experience preferred
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**