- Discover Century
- Contact Us
Senior Financial Analyst
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
The Senior Financial Analyst role at Century Complete supports our Region Presidents and Finance Managers for their assigned portion of the country. Working with our Corporate VP of Finance, they ensure that bills are paid on time, margins are accurate and the Company's financial operations are sound. Supported by a centralized accounting function, this role is focused on ensuring we have the appropriate processes to achieve our financial goals
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs post acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps as well as areas of improvement for future deals
- Source data and prepare various consolidated weekly/monthly reporting of regional performance across company
- Partner with division management team to ensure accurate commission and bonus forecasting and reporting
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management Team
- Responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information
- Responsible for the tracking and timely payment of property tax bills
- Track and accurately code all incoming wire deposits and earnest money refunds
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Have:
- Four-year degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent hands on experience in homebuilding construction.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning, and analysis and/or accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry.