Regional Vice President Of Lot Acquisition
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and an industry leader in online sales.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The VP of Land Acquisitions primary function is to generate lot positions to satisfy the region and division lot needs for new home construction, through MLS, private parties, investor groups, banks, developers, and other sources. The position will ensure that the lot supply is identified, reviewed for feasibility, evaluated for market absorption, compared to resale as well as new home sales, approved by lot committee, and closed in line with the lot committee approved lot book.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- As a purchaser of Finished lots only, the core responsibility is to Identify Vacant Developed Lots, or developers who have development opportunities, or land which would be suitable for developed lots and can be assigned to a developer.
- Work up terms and Letters of Intent and negotiate terms with Sellers.
- Lead a team of Managers and Analysts which will help underwrite, manage due diligence, and prepare information for lot closings.
- Understand, meet, and where possible, exceed goals set forth for the regional land team on lot closings and new lot approvals.
- Manage the due diligence process to ensure all proper diligence is in hand prior to sending a Notice of Continuation to the Seller.
- Maintain Lot Purchase/Pipeline schedules in conjunction with the Corporate Land team.
What You Have:
- Valid drivers license
- A track record of deal execution, specifically with finished lot contracts.
- Have a working knowledge of site work process, and be able to work with sellers to manage to a development schedule, allowing for a properly forecasted closing date.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with prospective sellers, outside agencies, and employees.
- Manage a small but focused and efficient team of managers and analysts.
- Organizational aptitude to manage the contract writing and filing process in a timely fashion to ensure accuracy and complete execution.
- Computer aptitude to work with multiple software programs and electronic communication, specifically MS Excel and Outlook.
- Be capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Positive and dedicated team player who has a strong work ethic and demeanor that fosters customer trust.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification, accreditation, or job experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience and lot or land acquisition.