Assistant Construction Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and ensuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that's you—if you're a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
The Assistant Construction Manager is a "hands-on, on-site" role. The Assistant Construction Manager works closely with the Construction Manager(s) and trade partners to ensure adherence to quality initiatives, all construction documents, the construction schedule and support the overall new Homebuyer experience with their new home.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assist Construction Manager(s) with all construction activities.
- Assist with direction for all field personnel to complete the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to our scopes of work, original plans and specifications.
- Help maintain construction schedule, identify problems and provide solutions, emphasizing Cycle Time adherence and improvement.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Assist with home starts within prescribed budgets, validating work completed before vendor payment. Properly negotiate the best value when Variance Purchase Orders (VPOs) are required, along with obtaining authorization for reporting manager for any indirect construction expenses necessary to manage the job site.
- Ensures compliance of development, architectural, and engineering plans, scopes of work and specifications.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of contractors' paperwork.
- Ensures extra purchase orders (EPOs) are promptly processed.
- Learn and master the scheduling software. Assist in updating tasks daily as directed by the community Construction Manager(s).
- Consistently enforce quality assurance processes/inspections on all job phases and lot production stages as directed by Construction Manager(s).
- Keep Construction Manager(s) informed of Trade Partners’ personnel, the amount of work accomplished, and whether the Trade Partners are on schedule.
- Enforce and ensure, on a daily basis, that all homes under production are kept clean
- Ensure homes are 100% ready at QA Day 1 and ensure homes are 100% ready and clean on the day of the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
- Manage a community for short periods if the Construction Manager(s) is absent.
- Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Check for safety violations of all trade partner employees daily.
- Help maintain the materials list posted in the construction office trailer.
- Be familiar with the Safety and Construction Standards manuals.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- A positive, team-oriented, customer-centric attitude and disposition.
- The desire to learn, take directives and invest in your personal growth.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional product and services to every customer, every home.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control.
- Efficiency in handling multiple projects and working in a fast-paced environment while being calm and positive.
- Proficiency in reading/interpreting blueprints, calculations, scopes or work, specifications and other related documents.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional effective relationships with managers and employees at all levels.
- Proactive at developing positive relationships and productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- A "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working "hands-on" when necessary.
- Excellent written,verbal communication and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- A very high level of attention to detail.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Previous experience with BuildPro construction software is a plus.
Your Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Construction Management is preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in the Construction / Homebuilding industry.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
- Familiarity with Hyphen Solutions applications (BuildPro/SupplyPro) is preferred but not required.
Century Communities intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base hourly rate of $21.64 to 31.25 plus annual bonus potential. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.