Director Of Land Acquisition
This position is remote. However, the person needs to be based out of Palm Bay, FL , Port St Lucie, FL, Daytona, FL or surrounding areas.
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and an industry leader in online sales.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Corporate Land Director assists Regional Land teams in existing markets with deal generation, including deal sourcing, lot book preparation, contracting, and lot closing. Provide deal flow assistance in existing Regions to help team members in existing Regional Land teams with training and best practices, including Lot Book training, deal procurement training, and deal structure training.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Travel to spend time in the market and across Regions identified by Management as needing assistance with Lot Acquisition.
- Fill in when Regional Land VP and Manager positions still need to be filled or recently vacated until positions get filled.
- Ensure that the Region's land pipeline remains intact, and deals are found and pushed through Lot Committee, Due Diligence, and Closing.
- Work with and train existing Regional Land team members.
- Identify landowners, brokers, and developers of lots that are in desirable locations.
- Underwrite and negotiate deal terms consistent with Lot Committee's return objectives.
- Prepare LOIs based on the terms discussed with leadership.
- Work with Legal to write contracts and facilitate the execution of purchasing lots.
- Work with the Regional Land teams to obtain lots to meet regional needs and goals on a Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual basis.
- Identify issues faced by Regional Land teams and provide leadership with recommendations to improve local processes.
- Perform research on each lot to ensure no adverse restrictions or conditions.
- Maintain Lot Purchase/Pipeline schedules in conjunction with regional teams.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Effective and professional communication with prospective sellers, outside agencies, and employees.
- Organizational aptitude for promptly managing the contract writing and filing process to ensure accuracy and complete execution.
- Computer skills to work with multiple software programs and electronic communication.
- Capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- The attitude of a positive and dedicated team player who has a strong work ethic and demeanor that fosters customer trust.
- The ability to travel, sometimes for extended assignments.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related fields is required. A Master's degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience and lot or land acquisition.