- Discover Century
- Contact Us
Sr Land Acquisition Analyst
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Land Acquisition Analyst supports the Land Acquisition team with all aspects of land acquisition, from identifying potential land prospects to closing land transactions.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Finance/Market Feasibility Analysis
- Prepare financial proformas and competitive market analyses to assist the land acquisition team in determining the viability of proposed land acquisitions.
- Work with the entitlement and development teams and consultants to determine budgets and schedules to be used in proformas.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to understand home construction costs and buyer preferences in proformas.
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential land investments.
- Extract and analyze data from various sources, including the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites.
- Post-acquisition – maintain financial proformas and competition analyses to assess ways to enhance existing communities' performance and report actual performance.
- Land Proforma Submissions
- With the guidance of Land Acquisition leadership, prepare detailed proformas and land packages with relevant support data for submittal to the Corporate Land Committee to seek approval of new land acquisition transactions.
- Prepare follow-up analysis prior to transacting on said acquisitions.
- Land Search Function
- Maintain a database and prepare reports that identify each acquisition target and track the current status of each.
- Perform preliminary feasibility/financial analysis on identified acquisition targets and present weekly updates and recommendations to Land Acquisition leadership.
- Market Transactional/Entitlement Monitoring
- Responsible for weekly monitoring of land transaction and entitlement activity in the Division's core markets to include weekly summary and update of notable residential land transactions and notable entitlement activities occurring in the Division's core markets.
- Ad Hoc Projects
- Assist Land Acquisition leadership with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Market Strategy
- Assist the Land Acquisition team in preparing the Land Acquisition Strategy annually.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize workload.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, with exposure to GIS, Metrostudy, LandVision, and Zonda helpful.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to multi-task required.
- Strong desire to work in land acquisition.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize and report data.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, and proactive.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A background in real estate or market research is desirable and professional knowledge of the homebuilding, and land brokerage industry is highly preferred.
#LI - AL1