- Discover Century
- Contact Us
Vice President of Land Acquisition
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
The Austin division of Century Communities is in search of a VP of Land Acquisition.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Land Acquisition:
- Network and manage relationships with brokers, developers, engineers, planners, municipalities, and land owners for new acquisition opportunities
- Perform preliminary due diligence and underwriting to determine viability of each deal
- Manage the Land Acquisition Analyst(s) and Project Manager(s) to perform all necessary Land Acquisition Functions including, but not limited to, Proforma Analysis, Market Research, Comparable Sales studies, Site Planning, general due diligence and submission of Asset Management Committee packages for approval
- Manage the Land Pipeline for current and future deals
- Monthly/quarterly land reporting to corporate office including lot counts, new projects under LOI/Contract, etc.
- Negotiate purchase price and terms of all land contracts
- Review all LOI’s and contracts
- Work with legal to address any and all legal issues that arise during the contract and feasibility process
- Manage all entitlements personnel and entitlement projects throughout the process
- Manage the land entitlement/forward planning of all company projects and land in the Company portfolio
- Coordinate the hiring and daily management of consultants for the due diligence/land development and entitlement processes of projects and CD approval process
- Coordinate all consultant interaction and work directly with various approval agencies including City and County Planning/Engineering/Zoning/Xcel/HOA Departments related to all entitlement processes and other issues that arise
- Ensure timely payment of consultant fees and accurate project budgets
- Ensure entitlement projects stay within budget
What You'll Have:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform real estate market research and complex financial analysis including the development of project proformas.
- Public administration knowledge to facilitate the acquisition of information concerning real estate values, planning proposals and government initiatives
- Ability to design and supervise land planning and/or construction projects such as roads, water and sewer utilities, and storm water drainage
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to interact successfully with local officials, community leaders, staff, and the public, to organize and facilitate meetings and events, and to conduct negotiations, find common ground and develop consensus among disparate interests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations to large and small groups, and research and draft media and public education materials
- Supervise the preparation of acquisition feasibility packages, including product recommendations, site-budget analysis and risk mitigation measures
Education and Experience:
- BS in Land Use Planning, Civil Engineering, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Real Estate, Land Development, Business Administration and/or Land Planning concentration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years in acquisition, development and entitlement of mass planned communities, land planning/management, land development, or related activities
- Knowledge of real estate