- Discover Century
- Contact Us
Vice President of Purchasing - Atlanta (Norcross)
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Vice President of Purchasing has bottom-line accountability for overseeing the purchasing operation with direct ownership for all the vertical purchasing functions within the company.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- A complete audit of sales budget scrubs in NewStar.
- Manage costing of custom changes.
- Conflict resolution with Construction and Operations.
- Liaison for purchasing with all other departments.
- Research and approval of VPO's.
- Create, audit, reconcile, and maintain project-specific budgets.
- Evaluate and resolve Daily Status Update Report.
- Vendor contract scrub and approvals, and conflict negotiations.
- Build new project cost feasibilities.
- Drive new community project specifications and startup information.
- Create and maintain material specifications template
- Oversee plans and plans review.
- Work with engineers, architects, and consultants.
- Build new community purchasing template in NewStar.
- New community forecasting, budgeting, and actual approvals.
- Review bid spreads and works with agents on contract awarding.
- Secure and execute supply chain agreements.
- Assign and audit sales pricing and margin protection.
- Set and manage the company's supply chain strategy.
- Create and coordinate process and system improvements.
- Manage cost reduction programs.
- Ownership of purchasing departments' performance.
- Develop and assign vendor assignments to purchasing agents.
- Manage departmental workload, priorities, and deadlines.
- Identify and implement purchasing training & skill improvement of the team.
- Assist as necessary with the initial set-up of HOA's for new communities.
- Attend all public hearings related to the entitlement process.
- Attend all neighborhood meetings to assist and present development plans.
- Manage the surety process for all projects.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Knowledge of purchasing concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Strong management background supervising activities of direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints
- from customers, regulatory agencies, or business community members.
- Effective interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business (or equivalent work experience).
- A Minimum of 6+ years of experience in a purchasing capacity with a residential construction builder is required.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.