Human Resources Generalist
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and an industry leader in online sales.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire the Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Assist the Human Resources Director in providing HR services to our Century Complete division.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead new employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Handle HRIS system controls and administrative support for all people related changes/updates.
- Maintain employee personnel records electronically: Reviews, tracks, and documents HR compliance. Ensure time sensitive documents are completed. This may include offer letters, on-boarding documents/ acknowledgements, professional licensure, and bonus agreements.
- Conduct and follow up with candidates on background check results and employment eligibility verifications.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and managers, referring complex and sensitive matters to the Director of Human Resources.
- Perform and complete routine tasks required to administer human resource strategic plans including but not limited to performance management; recognition; reporting injury to Senior National Safety Director; and training and development.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Escalate complex and sensitive issues to the Director of Human Resources.
- Conduct periodic audits of Human Resource activities per region to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Develop methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and other special HR projects.
- Conduct exit interviews for corporate and field teams and analyzes data to make recommendations to the HR Director for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Have:
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Efficient and organized with strong attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and recruitment systems.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel or related software.
- Strong internal customer service skills and business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification and experience in Workday is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, and other related state and federal regulations is required.
- 4-6 years of experience in multiple Human Resource disciplines, including employee relations, compensation, and recruiting practices.