Internal Audit Senior/Manager
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home for Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Internal Audit Senior/Manager is responsible for the effective management and direction of all internal audit and SOX activities. The Internal Audit Department provides independent and objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization's operations. This includes evaluating SOX controls, operating systems, and providing recommendations designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting of business activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, and assists the Head of Internal Audit with execution of Annual Audit Plan.
- Develops and manages policies and procedures for the Internal Audit department, in conformance with IIA standards.
- Responsible for the annual risk assessment that is the basis for the internal audit plan and SOX plan.
- Assist with establishing the annual internal audit and SOX plan, including special projects requested by management and the Audit Committee.
- Arranges for the necessary review and required follow-through of all internal investigations
- Evaluates the organization's financial reporting, operational and IT controls to ensure that they are functioning as intended and makes recommendations as necessary to meet changes in operating conditions.
- Works with Accounting leadership and the management team to address internal control deficiencies, remediation and overall design of internal controls.
- Collaborates with management to encourage an environment of change that increases productivity, promotes cost savings and fosters the adoption of best practices identified throughout the company.
- Responsible for the development of the internal audit staff; manages external and internal resources as needed.
- Ability to travel 20% to division offices.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Knowledge of home-building, construction industry preferred.
- Background with Financial Services a plus.
- Must possess strong knowledge of internal auditing methodologies and standards, SOX and COSO, and the ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledgeable of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications.
- Data analytical software, such as ACL a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA, CIA or other relevant certification required; Master’s degree, MBA, or CISA preferred.
- 6+ years’ audit experience to include public accounting and corporate internal audit.
- Hands-on manager with strong business acumen, analytical, proven project management, internal audit skills and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Compensation: Century intends to offer the selected candidate an annual base salary in the range of $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 plus annual bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience.