About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Purchasing Agent assists in special projects relating to the origination, negotiation, and management of supply contracts for local vendors.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assist in creating and setting up new communities to bid in the Vendor Database.
- Send out Bid Invites via email to interested vendors.
- Assist in creating Spec Level & Scope of Work and coordinate plans.
- Research and respond to bidders' questions via email and phone calls.
- Pull bids from our bid program, NewStar; merge the bids to include base and options into Excel and format.
- Compile the lowest bids and create a budget template in Excel.
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts to include base and option.
- Assist in the execution of contracts and entering budgets.
- Respond to calls and emails from production and subcontractors regarding contracts, plans, questions, etc.
- Set up, maintain, protect, and ensure accuracy of all documents in Vendor Database to include plans, sublists, community information, documentation, etc.
- Provide ongoing support for Forward Planning, Centralized Purchasing Administration, and Subcontractors.
- Coordinate plan changes from production to consultants on new and active communities.
- Communicate outstanding issues where Purchasing and Forward Planning interface.
- Provide support for all vendor contracts, subcontractors, scopes, contracts, and production concerns.
- Communicate work progress and outstanding issues with the direct report daily.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Residential Construction knowledge or experience.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Construction Management is preferred.
- 2 - 5 years of purchasing experience preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of General Office Organization, Contract Administration, or Administrative Assistance experience.
- Residential Purchasing and Contracting is preferred.