Customer Service Representative
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Our Customer Care Representative works closely with our Homebuyers on all customer service and warranty issues, ensuring a positive homebuying experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The Customer Care Representative manages all activities that involve homeowners, prospective buyers, trades and division staffing.
- Remains in compliance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for resolution of all customer issues with appropriate team members and trade partners, spanning Pre-Closing Orientation through each market’s statute of limitations.
- Accepts full responsibility for each Homeowner within the assigned project spanning from close of escrow to the home’s statute of limitations.
- Follows through on all customer issues.
- Monitors and intercedes on progress and completion of all repairs by trade partners or assigned personnel.
- Responsible for the presentation of a professional image.
- Strongly encouraged to visit each buyer at the New Buyer Orientation (NBO) and the Pre-Drywall Orientation (PDO
- Visits each buyer at the New Buyer Orientation (NBO) and the Pre-Drywall Orientation (PDO).
- Conducts the Quality Assurance Walk approximately one week prior to the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
- Ensures that QA items are complete prior to the PCO walk.
- Ensures that the Homeowner is educated on all products and warranties within the home.
- Thoroughly explains Company's’ Limited Warranty to each Homeowner.
- Ensures the Homeowner is fully aware of the policies and procedures in requesting customer service and emergency service.
- Facilitates in a timely response, execution, and completion of all customer issues.
- Communicates any necessary work to the Customer Relations Coordinator.
- Participates in root-cause analysis of issues and sends recommendations to the immediate manager.
- Manages trades to completion of service requests to customer’s satisfaction.
- Performs service-related tasks as requested (adjustments and repairs).
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external customer relationships.
- Determines trade accountability for back charges and POs.
- Authorizes payment for work performed within approval limits.
- Follows applicable legal protocol and process necessary workflow.
- Provides leadership with regular updates on escalated issues.
- Reviews and supports Century's Construction Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Must be an excellent communicator with a professional, friendly demeanor: Able to stay calm under stressful circumstances.
- Experience in Construction or Homebuilding industry strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- At least two years in a customer service role strongly preferred (but not required).