National Purchasing Agent
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The National Purchasing Agent works with National, Regional, and Local Purchasing and Operations teams from around the country to assist all of Century’s Purchasing Departments, ensuring timely and accurate purchasing/pricing information in our ERP system. The Agent’s focus is on managing database integrity and working closely with Division Purchasing Staff to provide accurate data analytics and financial reporting.
Century Communities Construction Services is focused on customer service and increasing operational efficiency through specialized technical knowledge and analytical tools. Our goal is to lighten the workload for division associates by acting as a task-oriented think tank, enabling our division purchasing and construction teams to focus on procurement and other operational improvements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain system architecture, including setting up new plans and communities and defining and utilizing craft lists.
- Help create and maintain a standardized master option database and division product libraries.
- Provide analysis on take rates and option margins.
- Input and maintain vendor pricing and assignments.
- Input, review, and analyze takeoff quantity by plan, product, and trade.
- Generate and update community direct cost budgets.
- Oversee coordinator functions to ensure good customer service and prompt turnaround.
- Manage production / system related projects, such as internal audits and data conversions.
- Assist in corporate and division special purchasing and production-related projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and follow up skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Previous experience with NEWSTAR Homebuilder ERP software strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of purchasing within the homebuilding industry preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- At least 2+ years of related experience and/or College Degree