The Position: Under the supervision of the Center Director, the Rehabilitation Supervisor will provide supervision for day-to-day department operations of an assigned location. Communicates frequently with the Center Director regarding daily operational and personnel issues and consults with the Rehabilitation Functional Manager regarding clinical practice issues. In collaboration with the Center Director and the Rehabilitation Functional Manager, will participate in the selection, training, and development of staff.
Compensation range for the Rehabilitation Supervisor at CEI is $ 104,157 - $ 156,235. Offers based on level of experience/education as it applies to the requirements for the position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises day-to-day operations of rehabilitation staff in assigned location, to include scheduling and coverage of rehabilitation staff including assigned float & per diem staff and
- Ensures all rehabilitation staff are current with competency evaluations, required trainings and performance
- Orients and on-boards new staff to the rehabilitation department and interdisciplinary team (IDT) as
- Participates in program development. Collaborates with the Rehabilitation Functional Manager to implement process improvement, quality improvement, workflow standardization and clinical best
- Assures services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory
- Assists the physician and the multi-disciplinary team in evaluating agency participants by applying muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Assists the IDT in developing and carrying out a plan of care to maximize participants’ ability to be independent balanced against their ability to be
- Conducts screenings, initial assessments and re-evaluations of agency participants per CEI
- Observes, records and reports regularly to the IDT on participants’ responses to the rehabilitation therapy interventions and any changes in the participants’ conditions.
- Provides in-services and training to other members of the health
- Attends IDT conference and actively participates in the development of the plan of
- Evaluates the home environments of agency participants and makes appropriate recommendations as
- Attends and actively participates in meetings as appropriate such as IDT, site staff meetings, site coordination meetings, team meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Communicates participant changes to team
- Coordinates for 24-hour care delivery with team
- Maintains department in a clean and orderly manner. Ensures supplies are ordered and ready. Keeps equipment in good working
- Follows all CEI Policies and Procedures, OSHA safety
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families regardless of
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Universal
- Maintains safe working Follows CEI’s Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required
- Completes all required paperwork and documents appropriately in the participants’ medical
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful
- Licensed Physical Therapist (PT) or Occupational Therapist (OT)
- 1-2 years Supervisory experience required with other related experience
- At least 3 years of clinical experience and two years’ experience supervising or leading rehab staff
- Experience with clinical consultation
- Experience providing training to PTs, OTs, Certified Rehab Assistants and Rehab Aides
- Exercises initiative and flexibility. Able to plan, organize and meet deadlines, taking into account changing priorities
- Able to work in a multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary setting
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.