Home Care Geriatric Aide Supervisor - Registered Nurse
********$5K SIGNING BONUS OFFERED**********
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the agency’s training coordinator, develops/supports and implements a comprehensive training program for the home care geriatric aides in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Completes annual competencies for HCGAs and submits electronically.
- Conducts supervisory visits for participants receiving HCGA services homes as needed but at least every other month in collaboration with the home care nurses.
- Ensures that personal care and chore services are accurately reflected in the HCGA care plan and in accordance with the plan specified by the IDT. Ensures care is scheduled promptly and according to the schedules provided by the Home Care Staffing Coordinator.
- Ensures that the personal care and chore service delivery meets the needs of the participants through ongoing collaboration with the home care nurses, hands on training and observation, and feedback to staff whenever necessary.
- Performs annual performance evaluations for HCGAs.
- Ensures compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in the revision and review of the home care department and relevant agency policies and procedures job descriptions and any other written materials.
- Attends home care department staff meetings and participates in any other meetings or task forces as assigned.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about participants, clients or families.
- Follows all CEI Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Participates in the agencies quality assurance performance improvement program (QAPI) as assigned.
- Complies with all agency training requirements.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive in a warm and caring to all customer groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
- Licensed RN in the State of California.
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory, management or coordinator position in a home health agency or other health related field.
- Maintains eligibility for licensure as RN by obtaining required Continuing Education units.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with the frail elderly.
- Experience and knowledge of home care services including personal care and chore services.
- Flexibility, initiative and ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees, customers and vendors at all times.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid Training
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.