Software Developer (Python, Restful Web Services)
Join our elite IT team as an Software Developer
As a Software Developer, you’ll be part of the Customer Data Quality Team responsible for the design, development, integration and support of technology solutions to enable CARFAX’s Partner matching and Customer Data Quality initiatives. The Team is comprised of passionate and tech-savvy individuals who work together to deliver quality tools that improve CARFAX productivity. This fast paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the internal operations of the company that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle information. We want individuals who are passionate about solving business challenges. You will just happen to be solving them by developing and maintaining essential software applications.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our techies can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
In your role, you will:
- Work collaboratively to plan, design, test, implement, and maintain software applications using multiple leading-edge technologies
- Solve complex problems and learn quickly from mistakes using strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Engage directly with business users to collaborate on project requirements
- Articulate your thoughts and opinions effectively
- Openly share knowledge
- Grasp new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study, professional training and interaction with other team members
- Be well-versed in modern application development techniques and standards to help continuously improve delivered solutions
A typical day will have you:
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome applications
- Collaborating with other developers, stakeholders and internal customers
- Promoting great software design and quality
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
You’ll need to:
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Be passionate! The best solutions come from those who don’t just want to check the done column, but want to build something they are proud to share.
- 3+ years of primarily back-end software development experience
- Experience building applications using Python
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Thorough knowledge of JSON, XML, etc.
- ETL design/development skills, preferably using SnapLogic or Informatica PowerCenter
- Workflow automation skills, preferably using Control-M
- Strong relational database skills, preferably using MySQL or Oracle
- Understanding of the AWS platform
- Experience with NoSQL database types such as column, document, graph, etc.
- Knowledge of disciplined software release build/deploy processes
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or other technical discipline
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.