DevOps Engineer Network Automation
Join our Winning Team as an DevOps Network Engineer
At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. And just announced, the return of the 4-day work week from Memorial Day through Labor Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Even today, while working remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong, and our team is connected!
*FULLY REMOTE POSITION*
This position will join a team that is responsible for innovation, maintaining and supporting a wide breadth of IT solutions for the enterprise, ranging from network administration of Cloud Networks, multiple Data Centers, supporting high volume, customer facing web sites to infrastructure network support including multiple WAN connectivity points.
- Maintain AWS Network Environment
- Work with network engineers to maintain AWS network systems that comply with CARFAX policy, including tagging, security groups, patching, and more.
- Write Terraform to deploy AWS network constructs and keep Terraform up to date.
- Write Jenkins based automations that maintain network systems running in AWS.
- Maintain Jenkins and Gitlab environments for network team.
- Automations and API Integrations
- Work with Network Engineering Team to automate repetitive tasks using Python and APIs, as requested.
- Work with Network Intelligence Team to improve network monitoring and reporting, using Python and APIs, as requested.
- Special Development Projects
- Use Python and APIs to create special systems for various purposes, as requested. Examples include:
- Slackbot that can share network status to internal teams as requested.
- Mechanisms that maintain a global block/allow list published to teams.
- Creation of customized network dashboards.
- Original author of Python scripts for automation and API integration as a regular job activity, intermediate to expert ability, including history of using boto3 and paramiko.
- Advanced Jenkins user with ability to administer/upgrade Jenkins.
- History of using Terraform to deploy AWS infrastructure as a regular job activity. Ability to write Terraform modules.
- History of managing AWS infrastructure as a daily job activity.
- Knowledge of AWS networking fundamentals and how to deploy them with Terraform.
- Ability to use Jenkins/Python/Terraform to fully manage AWS environments.
- Familiarity with Grafana/Prometheus desirable, but not required.
- AWS certifications are beneficial but not required.
New CARFAX employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based positions. On your first day of employment with CARFAX you will be required to upload your vaccination card into our HR system. If hired, HR will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on an individualized basis.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.