Total Rewards Specialist
Job ID 1061
In 1944, Heifer International’s founder, Dan West, began outlining a simple but groundbreaking plan to tackle hunger around the world. West, a farmer from the Midwest and Church of the Brethren member, had recently returned from feeding weary refugees during volunteer service in the Spanish Civil War.
He had seen firsthand that giving people food was a short-term solution, whereas providing them with animals offered a steady supply of nutritious food for an entire family.
His philosophy still inspires Heifer’s work today. Partnering with farmers across a range of different livestock and crops, we create unique solutions to local challenges.
Today, Heifer International has operations in 21 countries around the world, working alongside local farmers, business owners and their communities, as they mobilize and envision their futures. Together, we build inclusive, resilient economies, so communities can develop effective ways to end global hunger and poverty in a sustainable way.
To date, we have supported more than 36 million farming families across Africa, Asia, and the Americas and in the past five years alone, we have worked alongside 2.7 million families to close the living income gap or set them on a path to doing so. Between now and 2030, we will support an additional 10 million people to reach a living income by scaling up our signature programs. To achieve this, Heifer International relies on its passionate, committed and highly skilled staff.
The position assists with the day-to-day administration of employee benefit programs, including helping employees with benefits enrollment and questions, ensuring accurate benefit data in systems, maintains employee database and files. Supports Director and Manager of Total Rewards. This position requires an individual who is analytical, detail oriented, a multitasker and is self-directed. Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
- Serve as a liaison between employees and benefits broker, vendor and third-party administrators
- Review monthly billings and invoices from vendors for accuracy and ensure timely payment.
- Ensure processing of payment distributions and other contributions to third party administers are correct
- Monitor employee eligibility and changes.
- Work with potential vendors supplying necessary information to receive plan quotes
- Assist and support as needed with open enrollment process and communication.
- Ensure benefits system is updated with new offerings for Open Enrollment period.
- Administer and support reporting, utilization of employee recognition program. Collaborate with manager, promoting platform based on data/reporting results.
- Organizes, and administers activities to support employee wellbeing through the Staff Care Program
- Assist with ongoing communications to the Corral and targeted communications to keep employees informed of important total reward.
- Assist entering Job evaluations in the system
- Supports with US Wellness Credit administration
- Ensure proper processing of payment distributions and other contributions to third party administrators
- Process monthly Benefit Invoice reconciliations
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors invoicing and organizational records
- Assist and support as needed with preparation of annual 403b and payroll audits, and 5500’s
- Ensure required communications related to benefits are distributed to staff
- Maintain employee benefit files in Laserfiche, ensuring all required back up documentation and forms are saved.
- Create PosNo in the system for new positions
- Complete the New Hire Audit. Ensure that relevant HR systems reflect HQ US personnel information in a timely, accurate manner
- Ensure that benefit data is accurate and up to date in the HRIS. Ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for benefit deductions.
- Ensure data transmission between all necessary systems is timely and accurate
- Maintain global benefits database
- Ensure employee data is correctly entered into third party systems
- Assists employee during benefit life cycle, from pre-hire, hire to termination.
- Host benefit orientation for new hires
- Support employees with any general questions related to total rewards, and enrollment onto benefits.
- Facilitate setup of individual employee meetings with appropriate benefit vendors if necessary
- Hold one on one meetings with staff to educate and answer questions regarding benefit plan packages and personnel administration topics
- Assist total rewards manager with various events that support employee total rewards education
- Supports the coordination of activities to support employee wellbeing through the Staff Care Program
- Assist Global Total Rewards Director with benefits administration for employees across the globe. This includes adding/removing participants from the offshore retirement plan and the life insurance plan.
- Set up meetings with broker/insurance rep and employee annually to ensure they understand their benefit offerings.
- Assist with other admin tasks assigned by Global Total Rewards Director
- Processes Service Awards and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field plus two to three years Benefits Administration experience.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Two to Three years working with HRIS/ERP systems.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert user in Human Resources Information Systems and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Some knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending.
- Ability to focus, prioritize, and manage distractions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of software systems with multiple integration points.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff, including multiple cultures and beliefs, and sensitivity to gender equity, with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with impeccable attention to detail.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality
- The expected base salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000 USD annually. Placement within the range will be based on the experience and competency level of the candidate.
- Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S. based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match +3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection
- And more!