BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Gathers and organizes data from multiple sources into spreadsheets
- Authors technical programs and procedures
- Manages documents in a database and on a webpage
- Coordinates meetings and training with other departments
- Organizes and manages assigned work, goals and milestones
- Conducts walk-through safety inspections of laboratories, contractors, etc.
- Participates in BioMarin meetings and provides requested information
- Conducts incident investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Performs tasks independently at the request of the supervisor
- Performs tasks as a team member and works to build rapport with others
- Assists in the delivery of emergency response training and evacuation
- Helps to prepare the emergency equipment and protocols needed to run the emergency response program
- Assigns training and documents completed training
- Takes direction from supervisor and provides the desired results on time
- Completes internal training requirements
- Uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed
- Requires a basic knowledge of EHS&S responsibilities, regulations and requirements
- Uses Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs with skill and ease
- Researches regulations and procedures through the internet and code books
- An associate's degree and over 10 years of experience in environmental, health, safety (EH&S) or acting as project manager or lead for projects that include EH&S as an integral aspect, or
- A bachelor's degree and 6-8 years of experience in EH&S, or
- A master's degree and 4-6 years of experience in EH&S
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.