Sr. Account Manager, Skeletal Dysplasia, Ohio
Who We Are
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position requires performance driven individuals with strategic problem- solving skills, high business acumen that can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have sales experience in pediatric endocrinology clinics and/or comparable experience in rare disease. Experience launching a first in class therapy and building new therapeutic markets desired.
The Account Manager must maintain a high level of knowledge within the disease states, product labeling. The primary call target is pediatric endocrinology, pediatric orthopedics, and genetics located both in Institutions and office-based setting. Targeted pediatricians with ACH patients will also be key call points in filling the funnel.
Activities include disease state and product education to referring HCPs, office readiness for patient starting therapy as well as coordination of multiple departments/stakeholders and BioMarin's field based clinical support team. Skills required include account management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving. Individuals must be flexible, and adaptable with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a commercial start-up. Must be goal oriented and accountable for their individual performance, while acting in a professional and compliant manner. Cold calling on all targeted specialties is a requirement.
The Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieving area sales objectives, market penetration, new patient starts, and revenue targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Driving demand through clinical selling and education to referring and treating health care providers focusing on achondroplasia and MPS. This includes cold calling on key accounts as needed for access.
- Implementing an effective business plan to guide strategy, tactics and track progress
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders including Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Orthopedics, Genetics, and key referring physicians that could include Pediatrics
- Actively participating in disease awareness efforts and burden/natural history of disease through professional society meetings (local, state, regional), as assigned.
- Working with other members of the Skeletal Dysplasia brand team, and facilitating appropriate collaboration with other functions, such as MSLs, Market Access team, Compliance, and other internal stakeholders, as needed
- Becoming an expert in the clinical data and verbalizing its significance to all stakeholders
- Proactively providing business insights to internal partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts
- Acting in compliance within a highly regulated industry and consistent with training, policies, guidelines, and their own best judgment while adhering to all company policies assigned to the Account Manager position
- Ability to work with ambiguity and remain agile as organization needs evolve
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends, as needed, for educational events (both in person and virtual)
- Depending on geography, must have the ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 40%- 60% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory
- Advanced virtual skillset required to balance travel demands with opportunities to meet healthcare providers and/or caregivers virtually.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of sales experience in biotech/rare disease involving specialty products that are technically challenging and first in class
- Experience with office-based selling in complex model of referral health care providers to prescriber health care providers in newly created market
- Experience working in a field team model with field based clinical support and reimbursement hub model
- Pediatric Endocrinology and/or Pediatric Orthopedics strongly preferred
- Experience in new product launches and preferably with first in class product
- Experience in a role that works directly with patients/families.
- Experience and committed to long sales cycle to ensure medical home is created
The territory will include: Ohio
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a remote position.