Senior Manager Hemophilia EMEA
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position is a unique opportunity to play a key role within BioMarin’s EMEA commercial organisation focused on driving pre-launch preparations and launch activities for BioMarin’s innovative Gene Therapy for Haemophilia A. This position requires a mix of strategic acumen, adaptability to a unique therapeutic area, and a willingness to roll-up your sleeves and drive projects from concept to execution
The position spans many areas including market insights, strategy and market development, and the creation and implementation of innovative brand tactics. The ideal candidate will have hemophilia and/or rare disease marketing experience, and competitive launch experience, including a strong understanding of and respect for this empowered community of patients, patient advocates and health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams, and help develop and drive strategies and pull through tactics from start to finish, to prepare for the successful launch of BMN-270. The ability to work with both global and regional colleagues will be critical.
- Design and oversee primary and secondary market research projects and advisory boards in collaboration with internal cross-functional teams and management of external vendors
- Analysis and regional insight development from all sources of market research
- Development of robust market analysis, tracking and reporting structure in close collaboration with business operations colleagues
- Collaboratively engage with the EMEA community stakeholders including Key Opinion Leaders, nurses, patient advocacy groups, caregivers and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Develop EMEA HCP Gene Therapy educational programs e.g. congress planning and activities, educational content, speaker program in close collaboration with Medical Affairs and regional colleagues
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables
This is a Senior Manager/Associate Director role which will has been included in the agreed 2021 headcount. The role will involve travel to London, across the EMEA region and to the US as deemed necessary.
- Strong English language skills (reading, spoken and written)
- Minimum bachelors, preferably in a type of life sciences and/or business / marketing
- Higher qualification of MBA or masters preferred
- Any additional language skills are an advantage
- Passion and experience working in orphan or specialty markets, especially haemophilia with cross functional team members
- Understanding of competitive market dynamics, market analysis and development of analytical insights to inform strategies
- 8+ years in life sciences industry preferably with European pre-launch and launch experience
- Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end life sciences development process and understanding of regional and global market dynamics
- Excellent communication, collaboration, strategic and analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives
- Consulting, project management, marketing, and/or market research experiences beneficial
- Flexibility and ability to rapidly learn and work across novel, disruptive therapies
- Experience managing project budgets and project timelines
- EMEA Haemophilia commercial director
- EMEA Marketing Team
- Medical affairs counterparts
- Business Operations colleagues
- Materials review board: compliance, marketing, medical, legal and regulatory signatories
- Zone Leaders, Area Directors, Country Managers & Territory Managers
- Finance & Operations
- Global Marketing / Commercial Operations and Medical
- Market Research agencies and consultancies
- Creative agencies and PR companies
- Medical Education agencies
- Congress organisers
- Key Opinion Leaders & Patient Advocates
- Proficiency in a Microsoft packages – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project required
- Strong presentation skills required
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.