BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
PASTE JOB POSTING TEXT HERE
Assist Scientists in performing experiments. Primary responsibilities will include performing mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, signal transduction assays, immunochemistry, microscopy, image analysis, protein purification, activity and protein assays, various microbiology techniques, and general lab duties.
- Mammalian cell culture and cell biology
- SDS-PAGE, protein function/stability and enzymatic assays
- Immunochemistry (ELISA, bio-layer interferometry, IHC, etc.)
- General lab duties, buffer preparation, notebook documentation
- Protein conjugation and characterization
- SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting
Candidate should have a minimum of a B.A./B.S. in a science field (preferably cell biology or biochemistry). The ideal candidate will have working experience in cell culture, histology, bioassays, and protein purification. The candidate will be comfortable with basic chemical principles and calculations. Candidate should also be fastidious with respect to cleanliness and organization.
- The ideal B.A./B.S./M.S. candidate will have 4+ years of related industry or academic research experience.
- Proficient in protein purification (familiarity with Akta/UNICORN) and biochemical techniques is critical. Experience with virus (AAV) or virus-like partical purification, tissue culture, cell-based assays and/or IHC is beneficial.
- Various experience with protein analytical techniques such as: spectrophotometry, Bradford, BCA, SDS-PAGE, gel staining, western blotting, ELISA, enzymatic assays, BLI (Octet), SPR (Biacore), DLS, HPLC, thermal shift, among others is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.