BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role will support BioMarin's Legal Department and business partners by drafting, negotiating, and tracking a high volume of contracts.
- Researching prior contracting relationship with contracting parties.
- Drafting, primarily from templates, multiple contract types including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Amendments, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders, using DocuSign CLM, BioMarin's contract lifecycle management system ("CLM").
- Utilizing playbooks to negotiate contracts.
- Monitoring and tracking a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using the CLM.
- Ensuring company-wide compliance with BioMarin’s contracting policy.
- Acting as a liaison between BioMarin, internal business partners, and outside vendors to facilitate contract execution.
- Building and maintaining relationships with business partners.
- Engaging with other functional areas within BioMarin to assess and respond to contracting needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Coordinating workflow between the Legal Department and other departments at BioMarin.
- Exercising sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, including when to escalate matters to in-house counsel.
- Driving Legal Department initiatives, including promotion and training of self-authoring in the CLM.
- Providing backup support to other Contracts Associates in the department.
- Working on other Legal Department projects or initiatives as determined by Manager.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organization and time-management skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors/partners and serve as a liaison among outside counsel, in-house attorneys and business partners, and proactively communicate regarding relevant issues and deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.
- Absent a medical or religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated.
- Experience in contracts administration or other relevant experience is strongly preferred.
- Science background is a plus, but not required.
- Experience at a large law firm or within an in-house legal department of a public company a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma/medical device industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Familiarity with CLM or another contract management system is a plus.
- This role will be a Hybrid position, requiring the employee to be onsite in San Rafael, CA 3 days a week.
- BA degree and 0 – 4 years of experience
BioMarin provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision plans, 401(k) with employer match, vacation time, and generous paid holiday time.