Associate Director, Business Intelligence Commercial Ops
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director, Business Intelligence has primary responsibility for Global Commercial KPIs, Metrics, Reports, Dashboards, and Business Intelligence project intake. This role is a critical partner to our commercial colleagues in Sales, Marketing, and Operations globally. This role will help charter our path toward impactful metrics to manage performance and drive our businesses forward across all brands. This individual has operational responsibility for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of sales and market data supporting BioMarin’s global commercial operations. The role will manage a Sr. Analyst responsible for our Power BI reports and dashboards as well as a Sr. Business Analyst. The individual will own systems that support the sales force and internal management with decision-based information and various functions such as sales forecasting, sales tracking, trend evaluation and analysis, market and competitive analysis. The individual will chart the future facing data framework to meet the evolving needs of the organization. The individual will have a passion for data process design and for building continual improvement in efficiencies.
- Facilitates the design, development, and administration reporting infrastructure and associated systems to facilitate the capture, metric creation, analysis and reporting of sales and market data; also responsible for designing and building of corporate reports
- Main conduit for intake of business requirements and metrics working directly with Senior Leadership and field teams
- Responsible for people management of analyst resources
- Responsible for overall Business Intelligence team project intake, project management, and coordination
- Responsible for managing 3rd party relationships and data buys with our data development partners and contractors
- Responsible for ongoing project management of data platform process enhancements leveraging best practices and appropriate design principles
- Designs, implements and manages a framework and organization for documenting and managing requirements, design docs, test plans, deployment and training plans and ensure that the development process is consistently followed
- Supports, advises, and collaborates with all levels of personnel on various sales and marketing data issues, on a global level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Five years of Business Intelligence, Data Management, or Analytics experience working with Commercial data sets.
- Three years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, ideally in sales operations
- Experience as a people manager
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills are essential
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with the following applications and resources desired: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau Desktop (or other visualization tool), Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience transcribing business requirements, creating project plans and technical documentation and managing technical projects
- Experience with data management, data architecture, ETL, process design and data warehouse principles
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.