BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for monitoring and maximizing sales, penetration and market share of BioMarin commercialized products in their area.
Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required.
Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required.
Individual must be flexible and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a growing commercial organization.
Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets.
Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
Have a leadership skill and practice in people management.
Know how to aggregate team and keep them business oriented
Act as a liaison between field force and internal (office team) to better represent the needs of the business
- Drive access to Naglazyme, Vimizim and other company´s products for patients in the assigned territory. Strive to maintain adherence rates to treatments at 90% or higher
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including: Geneticists, Neuro-Pediatricians, and other related Health care professionals, Patient Advocacy Groups, KOLs, administrators from local Health Secretaries, business partners and payors.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings and professional society meetings as assigned.
- Become an expert in the clinical data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company policies assigned to the Regional Managers positions.
- Achieve area sales, penetration and patient objectives, on a quarterly & annual basis
- Act in team work and have the subordinated motivated and harmonized with business plan
- Practice the leadership constantly with all territory personnel (Territory Managers or coordinators)
- Help Area Director to better understand partners and stakeholders in their region, helping to find the best decision or solutions
- Managing a Team of approximately 5 Territory Managers with correspondent sales budget/target, covering specific country area
- Travel availability is required for approximately 60% of his/her time
- BS/BA degree in business or life sciences
- Fluent in English
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare. In-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others in addressing complex issues.
- Strong persuasive skills and sound business judgment.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to appropriately prioritize issues and allocate resources and be capable of working alone and making sound decisions.
- Have leadership experience in dealing with people management and sales teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.