Research Associate 1, Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This laboratory based position requires technical expertise in protein characterization and purification systems in support of ongoing manufacturing operations. He or she participates in monitoring and troubleshooting existing processes to build a detailed process understanding and developing process improvements consistent with cGMP. This position involves collaboration with process development, manufacturing, quality control, and quality assurance groups. Travel is limited to attending relevant professional conferences and workshops.
- Provide technical support for ongoing manufacturing downstream processes.
- Responsible for providing manufacturing with critical information necessary for maintaining consistent product supply, now and in the future.
- Participate in monitoring production processes.
- Participate in the diagnosis and resolution of production problems.
- Establish and maintain scaled-down models of downstream production processes.
- Test the feasibility of new manufacturing processes.
- Experience with analytical methods including Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI), SDS-PAGE, CE, ELISA, cell-based, UPLC and/or mass spectrometry.
- Knowledge in protein purification chromatography (e.g. Multimodal, IEX, HIC, SEC, and affinity).
- Accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results.
Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 2-5+ years experience or Master's degree with 0-2+ years experience in Biochemical/Biological Engineering, Biochemistry, or Biology.
Other associates, assistants, scientists, and senior scientists in MSAT and Process Development as well as Quality Control and Manufacturing.
NoneWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.