Associate Director, Market Access, APAC
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role will be focused on delivering and executing APAC Market Access strategies for various assigned products across different stages of development. In addition, this position will lead projects related to supporting product launches, in terms of shaping the approach to access, aligning stakeholders, and developing materials for submission, responses and support for negotiations.
- Lead, develop and execute market access strategies for assigned BioMarin products across the APAC region
- Collaborate with local and global cross-functional teams to secure reimbursement strategy support and alignment of priorities in the region for assigned products and to shape the environment for access in the region
- Support the Regional Market Access Lead in providing input into global market access strategies, local evidence needs, market access materials
- Collaborate with the Regional Brand team to develop stakeholder advocacy plans
- Lead, write and manage the preparation of reimbursement submissions including post recommendation negotiation with payers
- Lead support for addressing objections from payer bodies and responding with compelling value arguments aligned with internal processes
- Plan, organise and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of goals (e.g. submissions, negotiations etc) and objectives of assigned projects to support timely access
- Liaise with Country Managers to support timely delivery of strategic goals and projects e.g. advisory board meetings, market access materials, evidence projects, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. pharmacy, medical science, science)
- Post graduate qualifications (Masters or PhD) in public health, health economics, epidemiology or statistics preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of market access and pricing experience obtained from either a consulting or pharmaceutical industry background with extensive hands on experience in the preparation of reimbursement and pricing submissions in one or more countries in APAC, preferably from China, Japan, Korea or Taiwan
- Rare disease experience is preferable
- Sound knowledge and experience of the payer environment and good knowledge of local consultancies and payers - ideally in multiple countries in APAC
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, influence, strategic, analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to gain alignment of cross functional teams
- Fluency in English essential. Chinese, Japanese or Korean language an advantage
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.