EHS&S , Specialist I
Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The EHS&S Specialist I supports the overall BioMarin Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) operations, with focus on Injury/Illness Recordkeeping, Training Administration and Training Development. This position will report directly to the Associate Director, EHS&S Program and Assurance.
This position is based in BioMarin’s corporate headquarters located in San Rafael, California.
This position is not offered as a fully remote role, but a hybrid role may be considered.
- Injury/Illness Recordkeeping
- Manage the intake, tracking and recordkeeping of workplace injuries and illness.
- Maintain injury/illness records in accordance with regulations.
- Utilize the Incident Management System software.
- Update, and manage any written documentation relating to the program.
- Work directly with internal partners and stakeholders.
- Training Administration and Development
- Update and maintain EHS&S training assignments and records in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Update and maintain EHS&S training catalog.
- Respond to users’ questions and issues related to the LMS and EHS&S training
- Develop EHS&S training.
- Assist in development of environment, health and safety policies, procedures, and related documents.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal partners/stakeholders.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Use EHS&S and company software systems effectively.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 2-5 years prior experience with bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Safety, Engineering, or relevant discipline
- Prior experience managing injury/illness and training records.
- Prior experience using a Learning Management System such as LearnShare and Incident Management System software.
- Prior experience in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Prior experience developing EHS related training.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Up to 25% local and domestic travel may be required.
- No direct reports