BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Assist with business travel planning and coordination for Meg DeGooyer, VP, Deputy Compliance Officer, and 4 compliance lawyers:
- Reconcile, prepare and submit expense reports via company application (Concur) for 5 compliance lawyers (as listed above)
- Proactively schedule and coordinate committee meetings/conference calls and related activities including room set up, catering, meeting materials distribution, taking meeting minutes (as needed by department manager) – particularly larger meetings or those involving executives for 5 compliance lawyers (as listed above)
- Office 365 e-filing and organization (by case investigation or monitoring reports etc.)
- Creation of binders and support materials for briefing our Committee and Sr. Executive partners
- Entering training records after trainings have taken place
- Assistance with preparation of board materials and support for other executive meetings (e.g. the Corporate Responsibility Committee). This would include calendaring of reminders regarding deadlines for submission of materials, setting meetings to discuss and refine draft materials, and inputting changes into slide decks and word documents
- Printing and assembling information packets for new hire orientations
- Ad Board/Investigator Meeting documentation tracking and compiling the documents our compliance team needs for our monitoring program records such that event entries in the Veeva Events system can be closed out
- Assistance with OPDP submissions
- BioWeb assistance with folder access and changes
- eGrants portal administrative support, including assistance with migration of some data fields and attachments from the old system into the new system
- Organizing local offsites and team meetings
- Microsoft Teams administration and Support for different functions
- Veeva events support as needed (e.g. updating team calendars to reflect events, confirming submissions)
- Updating decision log based on forwarded emails
- Tracking policy update requests based on forwarded emails
- Assist in hardcopy policy distribution logistics
- Assist in tracking training delinquencies
• Must have expertise in Outlook
• Proficiency with standard office software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Concur desired.
• Familiarity with LiveLink, SharePoint (Office 365), and Oracle/iProcurement desired.
• Responsiveness to deadlines, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team effort.
• Must be available to work on-site in San Rafael, CA.
2 Yeas or Experience Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.