Manager, Corporate Accounting Reporting Systems
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Manager, Corporate Accounting Reporting Systems
Manage the Corporate Accounting Reporting Systems function, leveraging the Oracle R12 GL module, OBIEE dashboards, Cadency reconciliation and close calendar management tool and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). This role will develop and implement a roadmap to provide enhanced reporting support to the global Accounting team. The role will partner closely the Corporate and Regional Accounting teams to develop reporting vision and gather requirements and with the IT department to implement system enhancements. This position will support the corporate system administration on these systems and be a super user resource to the global Finance team.
BioMarin Finance has a strong continual process improvement culture focused on providing high quality global, consolidated financial analysis of periodic results. This position will be responsible for leading continued process redesign, system enhancements, policy redesign, and internal control automation and enhancement. Close collaboration with corporate accounting, regional accounting, financial reporting and FP&A teams in both shared objectives and cross-functional initiatives will be required.
The successful candidate will have had experience in corporate or general ledger accounting with a proven acumen for managing and reporting financial data and project management. An understanding of SOX controls as it relates to systems and reporting is key for success in this role. Experience designing, executing and documenting user acceptance testing in conjunction with IT and business stakeholders is required. Candidate should be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and able to collaborate with all levels in the organization. Attention to detail, strong documentation practices and good analytical skills are essential and flexibility, agility, solution-oriented mindset and change management skills are desired. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Accounting.
Delivery of Corporate Accounting team and financial reporting objectives in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reporting cycles.
• Oracle GL Business Administrator:
• Chart of Accounts and cross-validation rule strategy and maintenance
• Foreign exchange rate maintenance in partnership with Treasury
• Development of Oracle Allocations (automate and globalize)
• Opening and closing of fiscal periods
• Administer Journal Entry workflow
• Provide guidance to users on GL functionality
• Support journal entry metrics development and reporting
• OBIEE Dashboards:
• Define dashboard data requirements to provide easy to use queries of the Oracle data warehouse to support the global accountants
• Maintain and support enhancements of BMRN custom accrual gathering tool built on the OBIEE platform
• Develop global close metrics using the OBIEE platform in partnership with Corporate Accounting and Information Management teams.
• Cadency GL Account Reconciliation and Close Management Administrator:
• System administrator for Cadency toolset partners with Corporate Accounting team to further expand use by the global Accounting teams.
• Perform monthly system administration activities and controls.
• Support account reconciliation metrics development and reporting.
• Hyperion Financial Management (HFM):
• Leverage knowledge of accounting data structures to provide super user level guidance/advisory to Accounting team members on how to access financial information via HFM Reports and SmartView.
• Participate in the strategy for expanded use of HFM functionality
• Support the delivery of financial reporting derived from the monthly and quarterly accounting cycles, including Controller, CAO, CFO and Board level reports.
• Hyperion Data Relationship Governance (DRG):
• Manage the global chart of accounts change request, data relationship mapping and approval process via DRG.
• SOX audit:
• Documentation of and compliance with internal controls related to financial data.
• Support annual SOX and internal audit activities related to reporting
• Corporate Accounting Initiatives:
• Leverage knowledge of accounting and reporting structures to support Corporate Accounting led initiatives. Initiatives support expanding governance and analysis structures by optimizing current processes and systems and evaluating/implementing next generation tools.
- 7+ years general accounting experience, including minimum 5 years working in a role with direct general ledger and financial close responsibilities.
- 2-4 years of reporting or data management experience.
- Advanced experience with Excel, accounting system reporting and analysis, and enterprise resource management (ERP) systems. Oracle GL experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, accounting reporting and related internal controls.
- Experience designing, executing and documenting user acceptance testing is required.
- Excellent follow-through and both written and verbal communication skills and ability to work both in a team situation and independently.
- Proven project management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and organization skills required.
- HFM / SmartView reporting experience is highly preferable.
- Experience with Cadency account reconciliation and close manager, or similar tool, highly desired.
- Experience with Hyperion Data Relationship Governance (DRG).
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
CPA or equivalent experience preferred.
Must be highly proficient using computer applications including Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook. Oracle and HFM experience required.
This is an individual contributor role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.