Project Manager, Drug Development
Azzur Group San Diego is looking for Project Managers to join our growing San Diego team. Working with a multi-disciplinary team, the Project Manager establishes the timeline with the stakeholders and ensures completion of project deliverables according to the project plan. In this hands-on role, the Project Manager is the key liaison between project stakeholders on behalf of the client. Experience with drug development and project management is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to create project plans
- Interface with stakeholders across all functions to ensure project delivery.
- Plan, schedule, and control tactical project activities to meet project strategy.
- Lead risk management activities to ensure the risks have been identified and mitigations and/or contingencies are implemented.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding client and Azzur project management standards.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Represent client to effectively lead project teams while building relationships with client stakeholders.
- BS Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience in the pharmaceutical, and/or biotechnology industry is required.
- Must be results oriented with several years of hands-on experience, familiar with industry concepts, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience managing others as well as fostering a team focused approach. The ideal candidate shall excel in the areas of communication, leadership, client loyalty, initiative and business integrity.
- Excellent verbal, oral, and technical writing communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project or other scheduling tools and able to quickly learn new computer applications.
- Hands on and experience in one or more technical areas including: Quality Systems, Validation, Clinical Operations, Process Engineering, Drug Development, Process Development, Capital Projects, Operational Excellence
Azzur Group is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diverse cultures, ethnicities, gender, and ages in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top-quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.