Cloud Security Engineers (US Citizen*Local to Herndon, VA)* 2 Openings
The ISSE (Cyber Security Systems Engineer):
• Configures, maintains, administers and deploys a wide range of cyber security technologies such as Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, vulnerability scanners, network mapping tools and the related servers, databases and circuits.
• Provides technical leadership and guidance to both internal and external teams:
o In the architecture, design, deployment, management, configuration and use of Cyber Security Technology in response
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum of three years IT experience--with three or more years in a technology administration role
• Effective communication and collaboration skills
• Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with the rapidly evolving cyber threat landscape
• The below ideal core competencies and experience should align ISSE candidates for success in the NS2 Environments:
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following:
- Windows and Linux operating systems and common applications
- Network architecture and tools
- NetFlow and other analytic methods for detecting malicious network activity
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Automation via infrastructure as code (IaC): e.g.: Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Programming/scripting experience e.g.: Python, PowerShell, Bash, Golang, C, JS, SQL, etc.
- Log management and parsing strategies
- CI/CD pipeline experience e.g.: Gitlab, Github Actions, etc.
- SIEM tools experience e.g.: Splunk, DataDog, Grafana, NewRelic, AppDynamics, etc.
- General relational and NoSQL database/datastore experience
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining security solutions for complex environments
- Understanding of network protocols, operating systems, and cloud platforms
- Familiarity with security compliance frameworks and regulations
- Security tools and technologies e.g.: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption methods
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically about security
Candidates with the following relevant certifications and experience will be given preferential consideration:
· CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
· CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
· CompTIA Security+
· Certificate programs in relevant areas
· Prior DOD/FedRAMP experience
Local Candidates Only (US Citizens) as this is considered a Hybrid position out of Herndon, Virginia.