Electrical Engineer of Design and Development
As an engineering professional, your passion is developing world-class electro-mechanical products with advanced UX and connectivity... but you demand more... to be an integral member of a nimble and resourceful technical team where your efforts directly impact and improve the lives of people the world over.
We are a small but rapidly growing cross-discipline new product development team with an entrepreneurial spirit AND all the benefits/security of a Fortune 500 company. At Masterflex, each of us makes a difference, and we all have a seat at the table.
Are you ready to take the next step?
The Engineer, Electrical Project / Design and Development will interface with Product Management and Development Engineering teams to design and implement high quality electrical designs in support of our pump drive and sensor product roadmaps. The engineer will develop solutions which meet customer expectations by following the client phase gate development process.
- Design, develop, and troubleshoot electronic circuits and PCB assemblies for use in peristaltic pump drive products
- Design and develop analog and digital embedded electronic circuits to meet performance, cost, assembly, test, packaging, and project schedule objectives for assigned projects
- Specify and source prototype components, assist with prototype assembly, debug prototype assemblies
- Work within a small cross-discipline design team to complete assigned objectives
- Debug systems from prototypes, development, and customer returns
- Assist other departments in the resolution of design related problems that arise during production
- Provide electrical engineering expertise to Purchasing to assist in the procurement of electronic components
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001; understand and fully support ISO system
- Investigate opportunities to improve development efficiencies
- Stay abreast of latest technology advances and evaluate potential for future new feature development investigations
- Contribute to the corporate IP portfolio
- Bachelor or Master of Science – Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited university)
- 6+ years of current or recent experience in electronic circuit design and motor control systems
- Ability to design using electronic CAD software tools (Altium preferred)
- Hands-on experience breadboarding and debugging circuits (analog and digital)
- Familiarity with high-volume production fabrication processes
- Basic project management proficiency
- Familiarity with EMC (electro-magnetic compatibility) and Safety (U/L) design, compliance, and testing practices
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.