Sr. System Security Analyst (Local Candidates near Herndon, VA only)
Minimum Job Requirements:
POSITION SUMMARY –
Security Analyst- 2 Openings* (Senior level)
Location: Herndon, VA
Local Candidates please! commutable to Herndon, VA
This role serves as a “hands-on Senior-level Security Analysts who will be responsible for interfacing with the build, operations and security engineering teams on security issues and information gathering; creating and managing the Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) for multiple environments, analysis of vulnerability scans, gathering the security control implementations information for the technical controls and documenting their implementation in the SSP. Additionally, this role will assist with the security assessments, and continuous monitoring evidence for any of the client environments (corporate, commercial regulated, FedRAMP, DOD and International).
The Security Analyst will be responsible for maintenance of the commercial and corporate environment POAM and analysis of the corresponding vulnerability scans; development of the metrics / trends of vulnerabilities, assisting with the FedRAMP or FISMA authorization processes to include prep of the operations and build teams, and technical documentation summary and update as required. This role serves as a senior level security analyst who has the knowledge to create policies and execute vulnerability scans as needed, evaluates the vulnerability scan data and control implementation and who can provide thoughtful recommendations, as well as conduct security impact analysis of changes to the environments. This role must communicate between security, engineering, build/development and operations teams daily, and be able to interpret and document the results of data gathering.
Key deliverables for success will be a monthly maintenance of various POAM, vulnerability scan execution, analysis and trend documentation, documenting deviation requests as required, managing inventory for continuous monitoring (this may include identifying assets that were not scanned or credentialed), and assists with assurance that all FedRAMP / FISMA security controls are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrate familiarity with current FedRAMP, DOD and NIST Security controls and technologies, including vulnerability management capabilities.
- Understand enterprise operating environments, including security posture, application environment, and associated security controls
- Understand/document information system specifications and security controls, including logical and physical diagrams, connectivity, communication, and data flow diagrams, both internal and external to the system.
- Gather information, architecture diagrams and implementation of the security controls through interfacing with the security engineering, operations and build teams
- Execution and Analysis of vulnerability scans
- Develop security documentation input of technical control implementation
- Understand the intent of the FedRAMP moderate security controls, FISMA security controls and communicate as needed
- Assist with the FedRAMP or FISMA authorization to include, but not limited to, prep of security engineering, build and operations teams through training and mock interviews, update implementation language in the security documentation and develop processes as required, and support FedRAMP PMO/ Agency / CISO requests
- Maintain and update a monthly Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM), inventory and other continuous monitoring deliverables as appropriate
- Identify and assess Cloud System state, including vulnerabilities, RMF package status/accreditation model, PPS compliance, and patching, Cyber Security Vulnerability Assessments (CSVA) mechanisms.
- Familiarity with Testing, Development, Staging, and pre-production environment requiring cyber security support.
- Ability to interpret and assess network diagrams and drawings using Visio.
- Ability to respond effectively to customer’s concerns regarding ConMon activities
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / MIS / Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Information Security, Information Technology, or related technical discipline
· Minimum 7 years Information Technology experience
· Experience with Cloud technologies, especially AWS and Azure, desirable
· Experience with FedRAMP and/or other authorization processes and NIST risk management framework
· Experience in developing, evaluating, and implementing information security architectures, technologies, standards, and practices to secure applications and IT systems, desirable
· Execution and Analysis of vulnerability scans; such as but not limited to: Nessus/Security Center, WebInspect, Rapid7, Nexpose, AWS Inspector, etc.
· Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced environment
· Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management.
· Skill in preparing and making written and oral presentations of complex technical nature.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
· Professional industry certifications in area of expertise.
· Knowledge of Best Practice and security guides (ex. NIST 800-53 rev 4, NIST 800-53, FedRAMP)
· ISC CISSP or ISACA CISM or equivalent certification