Clinical Technical Service Representative (MLT/ASCP Certified is a plus)
This is a great opportunity for independent, outgoing, motivated, initiative taking Lab Technicians or Technologists seeking to get out of the laboratory and work directly with customers and Sales Representatives.
- Have excellent working knowledge of medical laboratory instrumentation including hardware, software, and reagents
- Answer and return phone calls from customers and sales representatives to provide technical assistance with laboratory operations and product related inquiries/issues, as defined in all relevant departmental SOP’s.
- Perform customer cold calls and maintain proper documentation
- Travel 25% to 50% of time to customer sites to perform analyzer installation and analyzer and product training, as defined in all relevant SOP’s.
- Working Hours are rotating 8-5 or 9-6 as needed. Compensated after hours on call required as needed.
- Initiate, maintain and complete complaint tickets. Perform customer site assessments, necessary complaint and installation follow-up activities and maintain proper documentation.
- Assist with new hire and sales representative training on products and equipment.
- Assist in laboratory activities including, but not limited to, proficiency testing, product qualification studies, troubleshooting studies, customer correlation and various special studies.
- Assist in special projects as requested and other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Medical Technology and MLT(ASCP) certification (License). working experience in a clinical laboratory or other clinically related field.
- Must be able to assist with lifting and transporting equipment of up to 100 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a team player.
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible to multitask, be organized and perform different tasks at the same time.
- Have good voice, diction and customer handling skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point,