Pharmaceutical Project Manager
We at Azzur Group are looking for an experienced Project Manager to immediately join our Azzur Group: San Francisco Division. The Project Manager role is a FTE project based role.
The following is a short list of the typical responsibilities and deliverables of any given project. The level of knowledge expected will be commensurate with level of incoming experience.
- Lead, direct and develop company personnel through all technical aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Develop project plans, define roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each project with input from key stakeholders.
- Understand and manage deliverables of all project requirements originating from the proposal, specifications, meetings, verbal direction, or other means.
- Write engineering and design specifications (URS/FS/DS) and protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ/CSV).
- Perform (hands on) field execution of commissioning and/or validation documentation.
- Responsible for working with all team members to ensure timely delivery of project requirements (schedule, budgets, and costs). Ensure project team members work within the project schedule and budgets. Provide updates to client and management indicating status of project as required.
- Perform business development work as necessary to procure additional work at their site as well as additional clients.
- Actively participate in the mentoring, training of junior engineers and development of internal company policies and procedures.
- BS Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ project management experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry is required.
- Microsoft Project Experience is required
- Experience with FDA compliance and cGMP is required.
- Must be results oriented with several years of hands-on experience, familiar with industry concepts, practices and procedures in a cGMP environment.
- Experience in the areas of design documentation (URS, FS, DS and other engineering specifications) Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ, PV, CV, CSV, etc.), Quality Systems (Change Control, Non-Conformances, Requalification, etc.), and Process Excellence Methodologies (Six-Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience managing others as well as fostering a team focused approach. The ideal candidate shall excel in the areas of communication, leadership, client loyalty, initiative and business integrity.
- Excellent verbal, oral, and technical writing communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and able to quickly learn new computer applications.
Ideal candidates will exhibit, or have the willingness to develop, the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can translate client needs into actionable value-added projects/results
- Understands the competitive landscape of the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industry
- Willing to work hands on, assist with building client libraries, learn from a mentor and become a mentor for others.
- Understands worldwide regulations and phase appropriate applications
- Draws insights from projects and supplemental research to help drive new and existing growth.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized, and client-centric.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions oriented leader
- Curious and adaptable - has the ability to transform knowledge into actionable activities
- Able to produce results in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Perks of Working at Azzur
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Competitive 401K plan
- Flexible Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Recognition Program
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Training and Mentorship Opportunities
Azzur Group is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diverse cultures, ethnicities, gender, and ages in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top-quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.