Program Manager - IT Engineering | Req#3045
ActioNet is looking for a Program Manager with an active Public Trust for our Metro Washington, DC, area location. Hybrid work available. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA, that works with the Federal Government and the Department of Defense. As a Program Manager - IT Engineering, you will use your DevSecOps expertise that has been successfully applied in the business world and lead a highly-productive and positive team, ensuring consistent, high-quality delivery. In this position, you will increase productivity by removing obstacles preventing the team from achieving the program's objectives and preserving their capacity to react quickly to change.
- Provides management and leadership direction for the DevSecOps program, providing client and project management support, leading to high-quality client delivery.
- Help to build our DevSecOps Strategy and Solutions to integrate cybersecurity into the organizational adoption and improvement of agile practices.
- Partner with Engineering team leads to create, implement, and apply DevSecOps principles, processes, and culture consumed by corporate delivery teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise in various risk assessments, working in an Agile environment with an understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Advocate for software engineering practices such as unit testing, code reviews, full build testing, quality engineering practices, and requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end-to-end secure delivery practices.
- Advocate for and ensure appropriate security practices are communicated and implemented within their projects.
- Partner with development and operations teams to facilitate practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and, when required, engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevSecOps initiatives by providing objective, practical, relevant ideas, insights, and advice.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for configuration management, release management, and performance management (e.g., root cause analysis, issue, and problem management, escalation procedures).
- Assist in developing and assessing service level agreements for IT engineering services to support continuous improvements.
- Assist in interpreting and implementing Federally mandated policies, procedures, and other directives to meet agency compliance requirements.
- Provide guidance on enhancing automated systems to incorporate new policies, procedures, and directives.
- Gathering and providing evidence for continuous monitoring
- Ten (10) or more years as a Program Manager for the Federal Government
- Four (4) or more years managing and leading of DevSecOps delivery teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience in troubleshooting applications running in both Linux OS and Windows.
- Solid experience working experience in cloud-based environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Proven technical solutioning experience with current and emerging technologies including, but not limited to Agile Development, DevSecOps, Cybersecurity, Cloud, and/or Data Analytics/AI/ML, Java, Node.js, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana platform, Oracle DBMS, and Apache Tomcat
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across internal and external organizations.
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects or priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel (executive to entry-level).
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps/DevSecOps concepts and tools, including DevOps architectures, tools, and maturity models.
- Knowledge of infrastructure engineering concepts, including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid deployment models.
- Knowledge of configuration management techniques and tools, including environment management, infrastructure-as-code, and container-based deployment models
- Knowledge of release management techniques and tools, including versioning, issue/story management software, and dependency management
- PMP certification
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of an exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience,and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.