The Operator opening requires experience in manufacturing or related field with the ability to operate large-scale industrial equipment including plastic extrusion equipment, slitters, winders, overhead hoist, forklifts, bailers, and warehouse equipment.
After a training period of a few weeks on first shift, THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO WORK 12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFT - 7p-7a.
We are located a short distance from the intersection of Como Avenue and Highway 280.
New hires will go through training on a 1st shift, 12-hour schedule prior to moving to a 12-hr night shift.
To efficiently and safely perform extruder operation including set up, start up and effective use of extruder line equipment, including auxiliary equipment, tooling changes, monitoring and testing, and production reporting.
- Manufacturing Experience
- Regular, punctual attendance
- Mechanical Background
- Basic computer skills - must be able to use computer for data collection
- Basic mathematical skills
- Read and comprehend English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, reach, push, pull, & reach above shoulder height
- Read and understand schedule and job packet.
- Clean and perform die work as necessary
- Perform all functions of the set up
- Perform all functions of the extruder start up
- Monitor the extruders in production for visual quality and operating conditions on an ongoing basis.
- Properly operate all extruder and auxiliary equipment including the baler, testing machines, resin systems, water systems, etc.
- Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including the use of eye protection, hearing protection, and safety shoes as required.
- Gloves and sleeves may also be required for some tasks.
- Properly label, package and store finished product
- Maintain all aspects of data collection and paperwork
- Make adjustments as necessary to maintain the extrusion specifications
- Participates actively in workplace safety.
- Complies with all OSHA/Company safety requirements
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.