Operations Internship, Manufacturing
What We Do: As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all of our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com.
What You’ll Do: As a Plant Operations Intern, you'll be involved in strategic projects that directly affect the business. You'll be asked to investigate problems, analyze data, recommend alternatives and implement solutions.
- Work collaboratively with fast-paced, cross-functional team to create a training program, set goals, track deliverables, and report out
- Maintain data entry and updates in Training Management System (TMS)
- Write, edit, and format Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for manufacturing tasks
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work independently and with a team, including members of management
- Able to listen to and follow direction
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Able to perform basic writing, editing, and formatting functions in Microsoft Office
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Good academic standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Experience in operations a plus, but not required.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant environment with exposure to heat, dust, and loud equipment and machinery.
- Office environment for daily task completion.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.