Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
Our current centers are located in these Chicago neighborhoods:
As well as throughout the nation in these cities:
Oak Street Health is looking for a full-time psychiatric advanced practice nurse (APN) to provide telemedicine visits to patients attending our primary care clinics. The psychiatric APN may work from an agreed upon location, including a home office, Oak Street Health clinic provided it has reliable access to phone and internet. OSH will provide a psychiatrist as a collaborating physician to the psychiatric APN. Together they collaborate on patient care and prescribing protocols for OSH behavioral health program.
Tele-visits are conducted remotely through a HIPAA-compliant, user friendly telemedicine web application. Tele-visits occur during normal business hours. This is a salaried, non-productivity-based role.
The Psychiatric APN role will support the development of a novel integrated behavioral health model encompassing comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatments in an outpatient primary care setting. S(He) will work with the assigned Behavioral Health Specialist (BHS) (e.g. Licensed Clinical Social Worker) to track and oversee a patient panel and clinical outcomes. S(He) will also suggest any treatment changes and/or referrals for patients that don’t show improvement as expected. Other responsibilities will include:
- Telemedicine visits with patients most in need of direct evaluation by a psychiatrist
- Provide regularly scheduled caseload consultations to Behavioral Health Specialists
- Provide telephonic consultation to primary care providers
- Meet regularly with collaborating psychiatrist
- Discuss patients who need referrals for additional specialty mental health care and advise on treatment plans until patients are engaged in this care
- Review inpatient medical records for behavioral health admissions and complete post discharge visits for these patients in collaboration with BHS, PCPs.
- Clearly communicate to BHS and PCPs the limitations of the consultations and the treatment recommendations if you did not evaluate the patient in person
Ideal candidates will be:
- Passionate about their work, eager to have fun with our team, motivated to be a part of a fast growing organization.
- Board certification in psychiatry required.
- Have 3 or more years of experience
- Must be comfortable with coexisting substance abuse and mental health disorders
- Interested in the underserved community
- Have an active, non-probationary Illinois medical license.
- Have a work hard/play hard mentality.
- Have previous experience providing telemedicine visits
Oak Street Health offers advantages that simply can't be found in other practices, including:
- Employed staff position with above-market compensation made up of base salary.
- Outpatient responsibilities only.
- Full malpractice coverage.
- Generous benefits, including vacation time, health insurance, retirement benefits, and C.M.E. stipend.
- Beautiful, brand new centers right in and around the city of Chicago.
- Small patient panels for consistency and focus.
- Cloud-based electronic health record and enterprise suite.
- Innumerable support resources to help you provide outstanding care.
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our care teams deserve the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work.
Oak Street Health embraces diversity and encourages all interested readers to apply.
Please apply at http://oakstreethealth.com/careers/ under the Psychiatrist opening.