Manager, Organizational Development
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources the Manager, Organizational Development is responsible for guiding and actively contributing to organizational design and development processes, providing consultation and support for successful change management and working collaboratively with Kal Tire Leaders and Team Members to enhance organizational capability and capacity. The Manager, in collaboration with other members of the Human Resources team, will partner with stakeholders to identify and implement OD strategies that support Kal Tire’s drive for results. The Manager will maintain a focus on Kal Tire’s organizational health, anticipating organizational risks and developing effective mitigation strategies.
- Leads or supports talent management and talent development processes within the business. Priorities will include leader development, consultative support with the design of high-value individual development plans, and continuous improvement in the effectiveness of robust succession planning / talent management methods and outcomes.
- Conduct organizational needs assessments; diagnose and address gaps, and deliver OD strategies to support organizational performance, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Work cross-functionally to source or create and implement programs that support Kal Tire’s business objectives and help strengthen a collaborative and highly effective management and leadership structure.
- Work with leaders in the business to identify individual, team, and organizational capability gaps and areas for improvement. Build consensus and momentum to pursue appropriate strategies to address identified priorities.
- Conduct and facilitate the delivery of leadership development sessions to leaders throughout the organization on a variety of platforms (e.g. face-to-face learning, virtual learning, and distributed learning methodologies).
- Create or source tools and guides that assist leaders and team members with understanding and implementing OD programs and processes.
- Build awareness of potential OD impact and outcomes and develop an internal network of key relationships.
- Develop distributed OD capability within Kal Tire.
- Assess organizational change readiness and define change management processes to support the cadence of change within the organization.
- Guide, lead, or strengthen the capabilities of teams that are charged with implementing and achieving measurable progress with strategic, operational, and transformational change.
- Contribute meaningfully to necessary shifts in culture and behaviour that support progress with enterprise -wide diversity and inclusion.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify and determine appropriate OD initiatives for business units.
- Assess the effectiveness of OD initiatives, including reporting on metrics and ROI, and define/recommend approaches to support continuous improvement.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in defining and leading organizational development initiatives in medium to large- sized corporate environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build productive and sustainable working relationships with management and team members across functions and divisions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively facilitate process and consult with a variety of individuals/groups from senior leaders to front line team members across a range of (simple to complex) topics.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to tailor message to audience. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and critically in developing solutions to complex challenges and future opportunities.
- Well-developed understanding of methodologies and approaches for adult learning, learning transfer methods, leadership development, change management, project management, performance management, and mentorship.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with senior leaders.
- Certification in one or more psychometric evaluation tools, such as EQi, Meyers-Briggs, or instructor certification in third party leadership development content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Education (Adult Learning). Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to periodically travel occasionally will be required.
- Spanish language skills would be an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!