Vice President, Mining Canada
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Mining Tire Group the Vice President, Mining Canada is responsible for the sustainable business performance of the Mining Tire Group in Canada. As part of the international mining tire group management team, this role is engaged in the development and implementation of the Mining Tire Group strategy and its core elements.
Mining Tire Group Global Operations
- Responsible for the sustainable profitability of the Canadian Mining Tire Group business. This includes complete profit and loss responsibility as well as continued development of people for the long term development.
- As a member of the international Mining Tire Group management team, participate in the development and implementation of long and short term strategies and plans.
- Become a visible safety leader across the organization and contribute to the development of a positive safety culture.
- Oversee all operational management, analyze results of operational performance, set annual financial targets and coach Sales & Operational Managers to formulate action plans to address.
- Analyze sales and financial data and P&L statements with Sales & Operational Managers so that they are empowered to meet their common year business plan goals by highlighting potential growth areas and monitoring financial success of the locations.
- Develop regional level business plans to achieve each location’s financial, operational and customer service goals, while addressing each location’s unique strengths and challenges to enhance business growth.
- Oversee new business development and develop site by site strategies to meet sales goals and operational requirements within the region.
- Monitor mining industry activities. Assess trends that might impact our region and/or our customer base directly and take action as required to offset any risks and use this information to ensure our objectives are achieved.
- Demonstrates leadership in testing new and innovative continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supports the development and implementation of value added technology that helps reinforce Kal Tire’s leadership position in the OTR industry.
- Keep abreast of other technological advances in tires, hardware, services etc. that may benefit our customers.
- Acts as “executive sponsor” for continuous improvement initiatives related to customer service, sales, quality, efficiency, profitable growth, safety, and careers.
- Handles escalated situations with customers and ensure customer complaints are resolved.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our key manufacturers and/or suppliers.
- Establish retread and/or repair programs at all MTG locations aimed at lowering the customers overall fleet average cost.
- Oversees capital expenditures and budgets and ensures ROI targets are met.
- Responsible for Talent Management in the region. Includes building and maintaining succession and development plans across the organization. Identify, support, and develop key talent for future leadership roles.
- Manage resources on behalf of the MTG management group for functions identified.
- Be prepared to support business development initiatives in other regions from time to time.
- Draw on the resources when appropriate from time to time from other regions to assist in strategic or business development projects.
Strategic Plan Implementation
- Provides the leadership to execute on vision, strategy and goals, to achieve operational success.
- Executing on the strategic plan developed and agreed across the international Mining Tire Group.
- Through regular interaction with team members, customers, and suppliers provide feedback to the strategic planning process.
Culture of Safety
- Become seen as a safety leader across the organization in the development of a positive safety culture.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring safety and environment related KPIs.
- Participates in high potential and serious incident investigations (Level 3 &4) by ensuring appropriate preventative action is identified and ensures the completion of those actions.
- Supporting and providing input on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies.
- Greater than 10 years of business/operations or equivalent experience in an industrial or mining environment
- 7+ years of operations experience managing locations country-wide, P&L, inventory, operations and customer service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use a flexible coaching and mentoring style; can adjust their approach depending on the skills and capability of the person being mentored
- Ability to handle quantitative information, analyze data, identify trends and gaps and establish action plans
- Extensive mining, industrial and/or tire industry knowledge
- Ability to prepare and present reports suitable for boardroom discussions
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- Travel required
- Flexibility to relocate if and when required
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by contacting our Supervisor, Recruitment Adam Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling directly at (250) 558-3200 Ext. 424.