Production Associate, Running Press-Philadelphia, PA
Running Press Book Publishers is seeking a Production Associate to coordinate the production and manufacturing of 4-color frontlist books, stationery, and book-plus kits. The Production Associate will specialize in stationery and novelty titles, including a diverse range of licensed and non-licensed toys and collectibles. The role encompasses direct involvement in the look and feel of the product, thus the ideal candidate has an appreciation for creative development. The applicant must be capable of working in a deadline-driven and team-oriented environment and have the ability to work well with editorial, design, production, sales, and inventory staff to produce high quality books and book product on aggressive schedules within budget constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate all phases of project development and manufacturing through final delivery.
- Direct manufacturing from overseas vendors for an assigned set of titles, including, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Establish and manage costs and schedules for pre-press, printing, and manufacturing.
- Prepare cost estimates, purchase orders, and shipping instructions using Title Management system.
- Ensure that all designated products are safety-tested.
- Traffic materials at various stages of development internally and externally.
- Review proofs and resolve pre-press issues.
- Communicate with freight forwarder while overseas books are in transit, and ensure all warehouse procedures are followed to guarantee accurate delivery.
- Work closely with all vendors in a professional manner—often multiple vendors for one project.
- Participate in relevant staff meetings.
- Quality Control:
- Check preproduction component samples against prototypes to ensure likeness and quality is met, and, when applicable, ensure all requested improvements have been executed.
- Test playable features (such as light, sound, movement) at all stages of development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree.
- 1-2 years manufacturing or print production experience preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, creative, flexible, and able to prioritize.
- Thorough, accurate, and articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment and capable of managing many projects at once.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge of product safety a plus.