Marketing Manager, Hachette Books
The Hachette Books and Hachette Go imprints of Hachette Book Group are seeking a Marketing Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, this individual will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing campaigns for a variety of non-fiction titles, from music to cooking and history to politics. The position will need to adapt to a continually evolving environment, help drive continuous improvement and thrive in a results-oriented workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on title-specific marketing each season to develop and implement campaigns and ensure that author and publisher objectives are met.
- Work with key stakeholders (author, agent, editorial, sales, and publicity) during the planning phase to ensure there are cohesive, strategic, and creative marketing efforts made for each title.
- Communicate thoughtful marketing, advertising, and sales updates and analyses leading up to, during, and after publication.
- Collaborate on imprint focused branding, including social media, direct-to-consumer email campaigns and advertising for both imprints.
- Facilitate marketing partnerships with a wide range of brands, e.g. entertainment, technology, lifestyle, non-profit companies or other third-parties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five years of progressive marketing experience with relevant experience in the categories we publish.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop/InDesign experience is a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress, social media advertising, Google AdWords a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $50,000-$60,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.