Consumer Marketing Assistant
Hachette Book Group's Executive Marketing Strategy department is seeking a Consumer Marketing Assistant to coordinate content for Hachette Book Group's direct-to-consumer channels.
The Consumer Marketing Assistant will be responsible for the timely routing and posting of creative marketing content on Hachette Book Group's websites and social media accounts. The Assistant will also maintain and update content calendars for the consumer marketing group.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and an excellent communicator, as they will need to coordinate the timely routing and delivery of content with our Video Production Manager, Email Marketing Specialist, and imprint marketing teams.
The Consumer Marketing Assistant will coordinate marketing content (including lists, quizzes, videos and sweepstakes) from across all of Hachette Book Group's publishing divisions, so a passion for books and an interest in a wide variety of genres are musts for this role.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Consumer Marketing in Hachette Book Group's Executive Marketing Strategy department.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Uploading content to WordPress and cross-promoting it on related HBG website pages
- Creating and curating social media content and engaging with readers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Communicating with outside freelancers and internal marketing teams to route content for approvals
- Maintaining content calendars for a variety of Hachette Book Group's websites and social media channels
- Executing consumer sweepstakes and other consumer acquisition campaigns
- General administrative support, such as creating decks/reports, submitting invoices, scheduling meetings, etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with:
- WordPress or similar content management system
- Social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience with Hootsuite, Photoshop, and basic HTML a plus