Senior Data Engineer
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher in the U.S., and a division of Hachette Livre, the third largest trade and educational publisher in the world. Headquartered in New York, HBG also has major offices in Boston, MA, Lebanon, IN, and Nashville, TN. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Hachette Nashville, Perseus Books and Hachette Audio. HBG also provides a wide range of custom distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services to third party publishers.
The senior data engineer will join the HBG Data Group Technology, which consists of ETL, DW and EDI teams, to provide data efficiently with excellent quality for business intelligence, analytics and reporting. Additionally, the group will make data translation and delivery between internal and external systems efficient and bulletproof. Initially, the candidate will focus primarily on leading the ETL team.
- Design and develop complex Informatica ETL processes that integrate data from multiple sources including Oracle, flat files, etc.
- Perform business analysis and develop data flow diagrams and mapping specifications
- Interact with business users to gather data requirements
- Give direction on parameters for construction of appropriate test cases for validation of PowerCenter and ETL processes
- Provide guidance on the operational considerations and administrative processes for management of ETL processes
- Interact with the technical architect for identification and design of monitoring processes
- Provide guidance and work with the data architect in reviewing and validating the data warehouse data model
- Assist Informatica, Stonebranch, Oracle and Microstrategy developers in debugging performance related challenges
- Provide level 2 production support
- Manage and coach ETL team members
- Master's degree in technology related field
- 5+ years of hands on experience in ETL and Informatica
- 5+ years of leadership experience in managing and guiding offshore team
- 5+ years of collaboration experience with other stakeholders such as system architects and business analysts.
- 5+ years of production support experience in addressing system outage under extreme pressure.
- Informatica - PowerCenter ETL - PL/SQL – Oracle-Stonebranch - Visio - MS Project - Jira - Shell scripts, PL/SQL, and Windows/Unix Env.
- Desired skills: Experience in building systems to support book publishing industry