Publicist-Little, Brown & Company
Little, Brown and Company is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, and energetic Publicist to join our team in orchestrating wide-reaching and sales-driving publicity campaigns for a broad range of adult titles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute publicity campaigns for a wide array of very high-profile authors: Fiction (literary and commercial) and Non-fiction (history, current events, health, sports, science, technology, and cookbooks) and Mulholland Books titles (crime, thriller, and suspense). This includes executing all aspects of a publicity campaign, including managing author tours, booking national and local media, overseeing travel arrangements, and producing events.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, trades, etc.) and seeking out new media outlets, and brainstorming creative ideas on how to best publicize titles.
- Working closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors for interviews and accompanying authors to publicity engagements.
- Strategizing media lists, creating press materials (full press kits, press releases, pitch & galley letters, author Q&A’s, etc.), and pitching media.
- Collaborating with key in-house departments, including Marketing, Sales, Editorial, and Subsidiary Rights.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with booksellers around the country, as well as off-site and lecture events venues.
- Planning and executing author appearances and details for BEA, Regional Trade Shows, author pre-sell events and tours.
- Planning and executing (in tandem with other members of the department) media events including: launch parties, media/bookseller lunches and dinners and pre-sell tours and events.
- Attending, on occasion, potential author/agent meetings, and providing feedback on the potential media and events interest for those projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3 years’ experience in book (or related media) publicity
- Strong knowledge of national and regional media (electronic and print)
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the media, marketplace and competition
- Ability to escort authors by car, train, or plane as needed, and ability to travel domestically with authors when needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Familiarity with Cision, Net Galley, and Edelweiss